Do you struggle getting your toddlers to eat their veggies? Mia will eat a few vegetables, but it is still a struggle. I found a smoothie recipe that she not only enjoys but she loves to make the smoothie with me. I added in a few ingredients to the recipe to get her portion of greens needed. I like to call it my hidden veggie smoothie.
This smoothie is perfect for breakfast or even an afternoon snack. The sweetness from the fruit covers up the taste of the vegetables so your kids will never know the difference. Let’s get into the ingredients below.
1. 1 Cup of Fresh Strawberries.
2. 1 Cup of Plain Yogurt
3. 2 spoon fulls of the Tejari Protein Blend.
Step-By-Step process on how to make a Simple Strawberry Smoothie
1. Make sure your strawberries have been washed and stems removed if not using frozen strawberries.
2. Pour your yogurt in the measuring cup.
3. Add your strawberries and yogurt to the blender. Before you blend add in your veggies. I am using this protein powder from Tejari.
4. Blend until the product is smooth.
5. Taste and add in sweetener if the berries were not sweet enough.
6. If you added in sweetener then blend again to mix well.
This smoothie is great for up to 24hours kept in fridge and is one of my favorites because it is filled with protein, calcium, Vitamin C, and fiber. You can also switch yogurt out and use Greek Yogurt. Using Greek Yogurt will make the smoothie thicker than regular yogurt but it will also provide more protein. You can also add in some bananas if your little one loves strawberry banana! Try out the Tejari protein powders for toddlers, this has been a game changer for us. They have different flavors Mia’s favorites right now is the strawberry fruit protein blend and the spinach blueberry protein powder.She doesn’t see or realize we are adding in a serving of vegetables. Let me know if you try this recipe and how you enjoy it!